Combining MYOB Advanced and E‑commerce Websites
Improve your business’ productivity in all departments with a smart business integration that connects your E‑commerce website and MYOB Advanced.
What is MYOB Advanced E‑commerce Integration?
Combining MYOB Advanced with an E‑commerce website is a smart solution that lets you integrate and manage your products and sales orders in a simpler and more automatic way.
Our clients love the results of integrating MYOB Advanced with their E‑commerce platform because once fully integrated, it will simplify how they manage their day-to-day activities. They no longer need to enter data manually as everything from their website will be synced automatically to MYOB Advanced (and vice versa).
And the best thing is, we’ll make sure the migration process would be streamlined and free of hassle. We have in-house experts that can help and guide you along the process, right from the get-go until the transition is completely done.
Why Do You Need Your E‑commerce Website Integrated?
If you think your business is spending too much time on admin expenses, then MYOB Advanced in combination with your E‑commerce website is the perfect solution for you. You can reduce admin costs by automating all ordering process.
Assimilating MYOB Advanced with your E‑commerce website means you can share product information, customer data and send orders directly from your online shop to MYOB Advanced and vice versa.
Once we’ve integrated your E‑commerce website to MYOB Advanced, you and your customers will start seeing a huge improvement in the shopping experience on your E‑commerce website. Customers can see all your product information live, and you can automate the ordering process. Once you’ve experienced this smart system, you will never look back to the old, manual system!
Benefits of MYOB Advanced Integration:
- Faster and simpler than any manual systems
- Reduced admin costs and eliminate human error
- Customers can now order online 24/7
- Easily create special prices and promotions
- Keep all product information up-to-date on both platforms
- Keep all customer data up-to-date on both platforms
How Will the E‑commerce Integration Help My Business Grow?
Based on past customers experience, the reduction in admin time and cost has resulted in admin being able to perform other tasks, therefore increasing your business’ overall productivity.
To show you how, we have outlined a scenario below, based on an existing client:
- In the year 2019, we have 250 business days available.
- Company A pays their admin team $30/hour. Allocating other expenses to the team, the actual cost will be $39/hour.
- Company A’s admin team spends 4 hours per day manually entering in orders into the system
- Over the course of a year, company A’s admin team spends 1,000 hours on entering orders
- Multiplying $39 by 1000 means company A will save $39,000 per year in admin costs.
Weka Online believes the number one reason why a business struggles to grow is due to the lack of investment in the right business systems. This smart solution will help you fulfil orders quicker, make your customers happier, therefore increasing your overall revenue and profitability.
What Are the Steps Involved?
#ProTips from Weka Online:
MYOB Advanced E‑commerce Integration works best when you build an E‑commerce website with Weka Online. Here are some tips for you to consider:
- If you don’t have an E‑commerce website, you should consider having one.
- Familiarise yourself with how the system works.
- We can provide professional training for your staff on how to use the system.
- We can create custom features to meet your specific needs.
- If you’ve ever stuck at something, we will always be ready to help you.
A Word from Weka
Weka is a New Zealand digital marketing agency with a focus on helping our customers grow their business.
Why it is important for a company to innovate and grow
Weka Online is currently going through some major changes to the way we do business. We are moving from being a digital marketing agency to a digital success agency. The difference between the two is all to do with where their main focus lies whilst interacting and dealing with clients.
Just when you thought online shopping was already convenient, Google has launched their latest major marketing initiative - Google Shopping. This service is new to New Zealand (despite being founded by a Kiwi) and has already presented many benefits to those who are using it.